Friday, August 11, 2017

Daily Devotions - Friday



Friday, August 11

One thing I do know, that though I was blind, now I see.  -  John 9:25

The pages of the Bible are filled with accounts of people telling what God has done for them.  One of the most vivid appears in John 9 where Jesus encountered a man blind from birth and miraculously enabled him to see (v.1-7).  After repeated questioning by skeptical local religious leaders, the man could only say, “One thing I do know, that though I was blind, now I see”.

If you had six words to express what Christ has done for you and can do for others, what would you say?  Perhaps, “Jesus Christ will forgive your sins.”  Or, “Jesus Christ will give you hope” or “Jesus Chris will save your soul.”  When Jesus has changed our lives, we affirm His power to do for others what He has done for us. “I was blind, now I see.”

The Bible tells us that when we believe in Christ, our lives will be affected by faith.  Jesus said, “I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, it is he that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.  - John 15:5.  By faith we invite the Holy Spirit to produce fruit in us.  Good works come as a response to Christ abiding in us and us in Christ.  We become channels through which Christ can pour out his love to the world.

We’ve had a unique opportunity to put our faith in action this week.  May we always be thankful to God for it.

Let us pray.

Strengthen us by faith, Lord Jesus, and produce your good fruit in us.  In Jesus’ name we pray.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment