Saturday, July 30, 2016

Safe Arrival and First Devotion and Prayer

GREETINGS TO ALL!!

Saturday night, 30 July 2016

We are in El Salvador.  Jason Fisher and Nathan Hack are flying separately, and will join us tomorrow.  By the way, the time in Illinois is 1 hour ahead of El Salvador.

Here is today's devotion and prayer.  Photos later.



Saturday, July 30

Then I heard the Lord say “Whom shall I send?  Who will be my messenger?”  I answered, “I will go!  Send me!”  -  Isaiah 6:1.

You might be thinking:  Who, me?  What was I thinking when I made the decision to go to El Salvador this year?  Jim, Dean, and Jason have been on this trip before, but not me.  But why are they going back?  It’s hard work, a lot of sweat, maybe some blisters and a sore back. 

Our El Salvador Mission Trip is a major step in service as we fulfill the Lord’s command to love our neighbors and put God’s words of love into action.  You will experience joy in traveling with a group from our home base, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, to form a partnership with our southern neighbors to build decent, durable homes for them.  This trip gives us the opportunity to share our love and see what we can do together.  Loving one another is important.  People are different but we are all children of God.  You may not be able to have a conversation with our friends in El Salvador but a touch, a thumbs up, or a big smile all go a long way. The folks you will be working with have huge hearts of love. Do things humbly and sincerely with an open heart, and everyone will be paid back in many ways.

Let us pray.

We thank and praise you dear Lord for bringing us all together in one place to do your work.  Prosper the work of our hands this week, O God.  May your work and your will be done in us and through us while we are here in El Salvador.  In Jesus’ name we pray.  Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment